3D Modeling Plug-Ins for Articulate 360?

May 04, 2017

Hello,

My colleague and I are creating an online course in Articulate 360. I am an asset creator, and I am creating 3D models/animation. I've used a combination of Google/Trimble Sketchup, Blender, and Adobe Fuse/Mixamo. My question is, every time I export these animations, I send image sequences to my elearning developer. She then puts a slider for the window and changes the 'state' of the objects. This results in a cool looking tool, however, the sequence is very choppy. I was wondering if Articulate 360 has any plugins for 3D modeling programs in which an animation or model can be directly imported and the motions can be professional and seamless. 

Or, should future tools be used in Adobe Captivate? I'm a heavy Creative Cloud user.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Melanie,

Great question! Those image types aren't supported natively in Articulate 360 - but you could link to them as a web object if you're hosting them in another location. 

I've seen a few other courses created with a 3D look and feel - take a look at these examples and discussions with how tos, pros/cons, etc.: 

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.