404 - File Error in LMS

Jun 18, 2020

Hi everyone, 

I recently uploaded to courses into our company's LMS (SumTotal). Everything works; however, when I get to the end of the course and check the box to register completion, the following 404 - File or directory not found error appears (see attached). The LMS still records completion data if the user clicks the Close button, but I am afraid that it will cause confusion for the user. Has anyone experienced this?

Side note--I was saving my courses in OneDrive, but quickly realized that the external file folder that stores Resources documents does not work when you upload from OneDrive. I saved this course on my Hard Drive for upload and the Resources now work, but this error is occurring.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Dillon, this 404 looks to be generated by the sumtotal system. Looking at the URL in the address bar, the files it is attempting to load are not Storyline related, unless they are in the frameset. Next time you get the 404, hit F12 and look at the Network tab in dev tools. Look for the 404 error in the network tab, and see what the URL is. This will let you know the file that server is attempting to load. You may also see the required information in the console.

Dillon Wood

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the help! I think the problem might be with Google Chrome. We just upgraded to Chrome 81 from 80. We did not have this issue in 80. I tested the course out in Internet Explorer and the error message did not appear. This is why I am thinking it could be a browser issue. I am reaching out to our IT team to see if they can revert me back to 80 to see if that is indeed the issue. I appreciate the help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.