508 compliance course for Mobile devices

Jun 26, 2019

Hi Team,

We know that the storyline 360 output is 508 compliant. Therefore, we just want to make sure whether it is compliant for mobile too or it is only for desktop/laptop.

If it is compatible with mobile so please suggest how we can check accessibility on mobile. Also, It would be great for us if you can suggest any mobile app/reader where we can check the 508 compliance course.

Regards

Manish Agarwal

7 Replies
Julie Stelter

Thanks, Brian for the tools! Manish, please be aware that providing voice is only one of the accessible features that need to be added to make a course compliant. Color contrast, font size and font choices, sound access and mobility access also need to be considered. Kudos to working on being 508 compliant. Who's the cutie Brian?

Cheers,

Julie

Brian Allen

Manish, I have not tried either on mobile but have done quite a bit of 508 compliance testing on elearning courses for the JAWS reader.

The thing I like about both of the mobile options are that they come as part of the operating system in both mobile platforms, so it *shouldn't* be an additional download/install for a user.

I agree with Matthew, while they may not be officially supported by Storyline, it would be helpful to test them both out as most of your visually impaired learners are most likely already using these apps on their mobile devices.

Manish Agarwal

Thanks Brian.

I have checked the 508 compliance course on Android mobile with the Talkback but unfortunately, storyline 360 published course is not working as expected on the mobile. Besides, when I check with Jaws reader on Desktop/Laptop then it is working fine. Please suggest.

If anyone has an idea of how to create 508 compliance course for mobile in the storyline. Please respond.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.