508 Compliance Issues with AXE toolbar

Nov 01, 2019

I am working with a client who has run the published course through the AXE toolbar and screen reader software and it's coming up with errors that I don't recognize/know how to fix.  Can anyone help?

1. The tab order for the main slide vs layers is the same.  There is not a separate tab order for each layer, so when the screen reader is on the layer, you have to tab through everything on the main slide first instead of the focus going to just that layer. I went through past forums and this issue seems to have been addressed by an Articulate fix but it's not working for me, and I have installed all updates on my computer.  

2. There are shapes on the slide that are just background, like a blue rectangle for example, that I have checked the box under Accessibility to not be visible to the accessibility tools.  They also have alt tags.  They are on the slide master and not in the individual slide tab order.  However, the screen reader is picking them up and calling them unidentified images.  Has anyone had this happen?

2. AXE toolbar is reporting an issue with an ARIA attribute element ID, which does not exist aria-describedby=”unspoken” - anyone know what this means?

3. AXE toolbar is reporting an issue about IDs used in ARIA and labels. Document has multiple elements referenced with ARIA with the same id attribute: label-2-0-7.  - Anyone know what this means?

4. From the client "Skip navigation doesn’t seem to work. When the reader announces it as having the focus, I can’t see any link (there is usual a visible link) but I can’t seem to be able to access it via the keyboard either by clicking on “Enter” or the “Space” bar." - How would this be edited/manipulated? I don't even know where to find this. 

5.  AXE toolbar is reporting an issue with zooming and scaling, which should not be disabled.  I tried changing this in the player and it didn't work. 

Thanks.

Jill

Be the first to reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.