508 Compliance: Visible Focus Indicator

Mar 22, 2013

I see Storyline has a "Visible Focus Indicator" (See webpage below) http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=st1&id=te6jcgjd47yv

A while back I asked a fellow who was recommended to me as a compliancy expert of sorts, to have a look at a short, sample e-course I was working on in Storyline to see if it was 508-compliant. This week I had time to look over his comments and this one stuck out:

"Unfortunately, the SWF does not receive and maintain focus, so this version of the app cannot be considered accessible."

I didn't know what he meant, and unfortunately he hasn't replied to my question about that, but today I saw something online about "focus," which indicated it means allowing the user to know where he is on the slide and what to expect next.

Can someone help me to understand what, if anything, I need to do to make sure the course "receives and maintains focus"?

Thanks so much  to all of you who have offered help in my quest for the compliant course.

Jon

Be the first to reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.