508 issues

Jul 21, 2020

With the latest version of storyline, the alt text is not reading when I tab to it.  Also the arrows are not working navigate to the next and previous slide.  Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have a link to the older version so I can roll back this update?

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Susan,

Thanks for contacting us and sharing your concerns.

You can read all about our accessibility enhancements here:

Slide Content Is More Accessible

If that's not what you are experiencing then, with your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Susan Lord

So, prior in the priror version, I was putting a layer on the slide that had all of the narration for people using screen readers. We wrote a function so that they could mute the slide audio and use the tabbing. Now I am not sure how to approach this.  We do have audio and want the users to be able to mute that shoud they want to use tabbing and listent to the audio through the scrreen reader. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, in the previous version the arrow keyes worked for next and previous navigation, but that seems to be broken as well with the new version.  If you could hep with that, I would appreciate it. What keys can be used to activate next and back now?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.