508 Issues When Using Screen Reader

Aug 26, 2020

Hi there, We have programmed the script to be read within the alt text for the first tab on each page. Previously the entire script would read. Now it is only reading 10 -15 words of the script.  How can I fix this?  I think this happened in the latest update of Storyline.  I am using the NVDA screen reader.

2 Replies
Sam Hill

When using JAWS I know the shortcut key is INSERT+DOWN ARROW to read the entire page. NVDA will probably have something similar. You can also just use the DOWN ARROW to keep reading. I don't think it is something that needs fixing, I think it is just the behaviour of the screen reader. You can probably configure it to read the entire page when it loads, but I don't think that is the default behaviour.

Ren Gomez

Hi Susan,

NVDA has a setting for text block length; the default character limit is 100. You can adjust this setting so that NVDA reads only a certain amount of text in a paragraph, as needed. 

Take a look at my response in this discussion below and let me know if it's similar to what you're experiencing!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.