508 Lightbox trap

Jul 15, 2013

While testing a course for 508 compliance I came across a SERIOUS bug. If you activate a lightbox via keyboard control (TAB) you CANNOT deactivate it. The ugly little red close button is not accessible via keyboard so the user is trapped in the lightbox FOREVER.

Its like the old Roach Motel commercial

"Users check in but they don't check out!"

I posted a ticket but since this project is due now I cant wait for another release to fix it. I am probably going to have to try to find a work around.

3 Replies
Nancy Woinoski

Randall Sauchuck said:

While testing a course for 508 compliance I came across a SERIOUS bug. If you activate a lightbox via keyboard control (TAB) you CANNOT deactivate it. The ugly little red close button is not accessible via keyboard so the user is trapped in the lightbox FOREVER.

Its like the old Roach Motel commercial

"Users check in but they don't check out!"

I posted a ticket but since this project is due now I cant wait for another release to fix it. I am probably going to have to try to find a work around.

Hi Randall, I encountered this little problem as well. I decided to use lightboxes for things I would typically do in layers to get around the tab order problem when using a side menu but then discovered that you could not close the lightbox with the keyboard control.

To get around this I put my own close button on the lightbox. It is not ideal but does the trick.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.