Flash Player 16 Issue

Dec 09, 2014

Hi Everyone, 

Adobe released Adobe Flash Player 16 on December 9, 2014 and, as a result, Articulate Storyline won’t open. Published content isn’t impacted.

We’re working fast and furiously to fix the issue and will release updates for Storyline 1 and Storyline 2 as soon as humanly possible.

Stay tuned,

Brian Gil

Head of Product Operations

*UPDATE* The issue has been resolved for Storyline 2 and Storyline 1. Please upgrade to the latest version of Storyline 2 or Storyline 1 as appropriate. Updates for other products are in progress.

287 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lee,

If you submitted a request here you should have received an email confirmation from Support@articulate.com within about 10 mins. If you didn't see that, please check your junk/spam folder as well. I may not be finding it if you've used a different name or alias...but I don't see one currently? If you don't see the email please submit it again and you'll see a window pop up confirming submission and then look for the email. 

Lee Keller

Hi Ashley,

I just wanted to let you know that I submitted the second ticket through
the system over an hour ago and have not received an email. I have check
spam and all folders that it could have landed in (updates, promotions,
purchases, etc.) No sign of it. You may want to do an "outside" test to
see if that system is working from members outside your network.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the situation.

Hi Lee,

I haven't heard of any problems with the submission - did you see the pop up as I mentioned? You may want to try another browser and see if there is different behavior. 

I can also open up a case on your behalf, presuming this isn't an alias and matches what we have you as in our system - so I'll go ahead and have that get started. 

Lee Keller

Hi Ashley,

I appreciate that. No pop up or pop up warning. I'm using Chrome. If you
can please send it, I would appreciate it. My credentials are the same as
your system.

Here is the issue:
1. Click on Storyline icon
2. Get error dialog box: "Flash Player 10 or higher for Internet Explorer
is required to run Articulate Storyline. Would you like to go to a web
page to download it?"
3. Flash Player updated
4. Downloaded and installed latest version of Articulate Storyline
5. Repeat from step 1

I cannot show the serial number as I cannot open the program to check it.

Thank you for the help. Support owes you a big one!

Thanks Lee - I'm in Chrome too, so it's bizarre that it's not working for you. Do you know what version of Chrome? 

I went ahead and submitting the case assuming it's the "school" email address (I can't see your credentials within Heroes so it's kind of a guess). You should receive an email shortly to confirm it went through and them someone from our team will be in touch. 

Thanks again for your patience! 

Hi Gayla,

I just downloaded Flash 17 myself as I saw the prompt this morning and everything is opening fine for me. Had you already installed the updates that dealt with the Flash player 16 issue? If not, you'll want to access those and you can find the download files for Studio '13, Storyline 1 and 2 at the top of the contact support page. 

If you're still having difficulty we've also heard users who had problems after installing the update to deal with Flash 16 and a simple repair solved the problem for them. 

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure what issue you're running into here - but we've released an update for this last December. This thread has gotten a bit long, so if you're unable to find the links to download the updates I'll include them below. I know you're also working with our support team, and I've commented on your case to escalate it to ensure you're receiving platinum support, and in the future you'll want to ensure you're submitting a case using the platinum support link sent to you via email when you started.

Storyline 2 Update 4

Storyline 1 Update 8

Studio '13 Update 5

Replay Update 2

Laura Maness

Related to some of what I am reading - I am having trouble getting hyperlinks to work in my published presentations.  When I test the link before publishing, it works.  After publishing (Web with html5 output), I go into the sl output file and go to the slide with the hyperlink and click on it, I get a message the says something like, Web browser has blocked the Active X scripts.  I have to click on the button bar to "Allow Content," but the link still does not work.  I have the fix for Flashplayer (Update 8) and I am testing in Internet Explorer 9.  I also tested it under Google Chrome - no luck.   Can anyone help?

Justin Grenier

Good Afternoon, Laura.

If you view an Articulate Storyline course on your local hard drive (or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive), you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. See this article for details.

Please let us know if you need anything else, and have a great day!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jean!

This is something that seemed to bubble up over night with a recent release of Flash player and our Support engineers are hard at work on this issue. We've got some updated documentation here and a workaround.

It seems to be an issue within the Adobe Flash update that is affecting more than just Articulate software per the bug report on Adobe's site. The current solution is to rollback the Flash player update and once we have additional information to share in regards to hearing back from Adobe or fixes within Articulate we'll be sure to update folks here and for any open cases associated with this issue. 

Hi all,

Adobe and Microsoft released information that Windows 7, Vista and Windows 10 have been updated. 

Install the latest Windows updates to resolve it.

1. Go to the Start menu and click Settings.
  2. When the Settings window opens, click Update & Security.
  3. Click Check for updates and allow the latest updates to install.
  4. Reboot your computer and test your Articulate software again.

We're waiting for additional information in regards to Windows 8.

Chris Dorna

Hallo Huub,

Ik heb zelf geen last gehad van het Flash-probleem waardoor de preview van Articulate Storyline niet meer werkten. Vandaag ik dit bericht van Articulate waarmee het probleem opgelost zou moeten kunnen worden.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Chris Dorna

CHRIS D*RNA

e-Learning Advies & Ontwikkeling

www.dorna.nl

info@dorna.nl

+31 (0)6 - 50 41 05 41

Van: E-Learning Heroes [mailto:heroes@articulate.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 5 januari 2016 20:57
Aan: Chris Dorna
Onderwerp: Reply to Flash Player 16 Issue

Leslie McKerchie

Good news! Adobe and Microsoft have fixed the Flash Player bug that broke many applications just before the new year, including Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Articulate Studio.

Here's how to install the latest Adobe/Microsoft update so you can preview your e-learning projects, edit videos, and launch CD-published courses again.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.