64-Bit Storyline 360

Is there a way to access a 64-bit version of Storyline 360? I noticed what I have installed through the 360 suite is only 32-bit and I'm finding that I may be reaching a ceiling with performance while developing my courses. I click on pretty much anything in the app and have to wait a full second before Storyline 360 responds. This has slowed my production down significantly. I was wondering if there's a way to get a 64-bit version or if anyone is having a similar issue.

Thanks

41 Replies
Ruth Berta López Gangas

Me pregunto cuando se va a liberar una versión de 64 bits de storyline? me parece una vergüenza que la aplicación aún no esté disponible para sistemas 64bit. Tengo un equipo con 16GB de RAM y no puedo sacarle provecho ya que la aplicación de 32bit de articulates no es capaz de moverse en el en proyectos grandes.

Ruth Berta López Gangas

Gracias por responder Leslie.

Entiendo que no se pueda informar sobre esto, pero es algo muy necesario. Los proyectos cada vez son más elaborados y grandes, por lo tanto, necesitas de una aplicación que use al 100% el potencial del hardware de un computador, una app de 32bit siempre tendrá sus límites. Creo que muchos al igual que yo, pagamos una suscripción y esperamos que el software sea lo mejor, no quiero decir que no lo sea, ya que es un software genial, pero se debe mejorar.

Saludos,

Rob Puricelli

64 bit support is essential and I am surprised it hasn't been forthcoming. 64 bit application support is far from new and virtually every application these days features it. Without it, the application can't fully address the resources of the host system. I am currently running Storyline on a quad core Xeon CPU, 32GB RAM and 5GB graphics card and it performs no better than it does on my old i5 laptop.

With eLearning becoming ever more media intensive, 64 bit support is desperately needed.

I have submitted a feature request and am ever hopeful.

Robert Gregory

We have also been having issues once the 2GB Memory usage strikes in Storyline 360 for over a year. Regular crashes and inability to save work has become a major limiting factor in our school-wide curriculum projects. We're having to cull most media embedding, amongst many other workarounds, just to try and keep the file sizes smaller. A real problem. Please prioritise 64-bit program development.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Jan, 

I wanted to reach out and share an update about the duplicated media issue. 

We just launched the newest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.35.20995.0) this morning, which fixed the duplicated media issue! 

The next step is to update Storyline 360 by heading to your Articulate 360 desktop app and clicking "Update" next to Storyline 360.

As always, we are happy to answer any questions you have by posting in this discussion or reach out to our Support Engineers directly.

Travis Slusser

It has been over a year since this post an still no updates of a 64-bit version. My computer is incredibly powerful and yet struggles to do even the most basic operation. From duplicating shapes, to adjusting the length of a line. Nothing but the glorious red 'x' and crashing. We pay a lot of money to use this software. Fix it instead of creating new applications and raising the overall cost. I remember when Articulate was very 'pro-user' now all they want is money. Shame. 

Ren Gomez

Hi Travis,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

A 64-bit version of Storyline 360 is still on our roadmap, but our team has been working on performance improvements to the memory and speed with the 32-bit version. We’ve also enhanced the UI since accessibility has been our key focus. 

Since you're running into issues doing basic actions, do you know if this is file specific, or is this happening across the board? You're welcome to connect with a support engineer anytime to share your file so we can take a more in-depth look and provide some help!

Travis Slusser

It is happening across the board. I have discussed this with fellow 360 users and it is unanimous that those with 32-bit machines (regardless of computer specs) encounter far less errors/lag/overall program sluggishness than those who have powerful 64-bit machines. It is just unfortunate that programs like After Effects and Blender run as smooth as can be....and Storyline functions as though it is running up hill with 300lbs on its back. Hopefully Articulate addresses these issues. 

Rob Puricelli
Travis Slusser

It is happening across the board. I have discussed this with fellow 360 users and it is unanimous that those with 32-bit machines (regardless of computer specs) encounter far less errors/lag/overall program sluggishness than those who have powerful 64-bit machines. It is just unfortunate that programs like After Effects and Blender run as smooth as can be....and Storyline functions as though it is running up hill with 300lbs on its back. Hopefully Articulate addresses these issues. 

I have to say that I'm having a very similar experience to Travis. Last year I managed to persuade my boss to sign off on a powerful desktop unit specifically to handle more CPU intensive workloads such as video renders. Storyline 360 was already a bit quirky on my 64-bit laptop but never intrusively so. When my Xeon-based desktop arrived with a 32GB RAM and fast SSD's, I figured Storyline would fly. Instead it feels more like it is plummeting earthward.

I have raised these issues directly with Articulate's CTO, who I met a couple of years back at a roadshow, and was told that a 64-bit version was some way down the list of priorities. This didn't fill me with confidence and if Articulate's priorities are performance improvements, I would suggest this is a significant candidate for those efforts.