A list of several bugs/lacks i found in Storyline
Jan 20, 2013
after a month of hard developing, testing etc. on Storyline features, these are some bugs i found about the software. Some of them are really annoying when developing:
- "past in place" feature is missing (or maybe i couldn't find it) really annoying when have to arrange copy of item alligned.
- no table feature, so i.e. when copying from powerpoint a table explode and loses his arrangement of content. Very bad lack, table is one of the most important feature present in html to arrange certain kind of data, how can it be missing?
- undo features often doesn't work correctly and the process ignore the last steps and makes undo just for many step before.
- seeking bar not blockable. ok, it is called "seekbar" for a reason, and if present should be clickable etc etc... i have read this from you a lot of time. But the most common request for LMS developing is to block the forwarding, by NOT allowing users to skip ahed clicking on seekbar, but at the same time having an instriment to see how the progress of slide is going, so we can call it "progress bar", something not clickable.
- very very poor animation features (not possible to tween using a flip from a direction just shifting from a certain amount of pixels instead out of screen)
- no masking features (just shape masking on picture, very poor)
- no emboss filter
- no blur filter
- no color control filter
- no way to make transparent text
- no way to control the shadow on text (colour, size, etc.)
- too poor control on lines-distance in paragraph (1, 1.5, 2 ...frustrating)
- shape masking on pictures often causes fuzzy effect on some side of picture (a 1px line appear on bottom or right of the result)
- missing feature for file size reduction by checking unused elements previously deleted (this is really really bad)
- missing a cyclic glowing animation effect for buttons (something similar to markers). This is by far the most visible effect to make urser notice an element to be clicked.
- preview mode differs sightly in transparence on items and font rendering
- when duplicating a slide, a default trigger is always added (jump to next slide when user clicks the next button) this is not always desired, expecially if you trigger navigation using variables
- when scaling 2 items togheter, proportions are not followed correctly
- scaling objects to allign to other objects borders do not work in many circumstances (i.e. simple rectangular pictures)
- making bold a numbered list in note tab, does not make bold the last number.
- when grouping objects and applying animations to single items of groups, animation by paragraph does not work well.
- when locking a level, if you want to select an item beneath the blocked level, if the object on the blocked level is bigger and cover the item beneath, you cannot select it. (so unuseless)
and so on....
that is a pity because this software has big features and potentials, but from animation and graphic point of view, it is faaaaaaar away from flash....
please let me have your comment and corrections about my first considerations, thanks
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.