A mystery I can't solve Can you help?!
In a module I've built I have a section on the Thames and when travelling by river bus what pier stops you'd need to use for the different attractions.
I have a map of all the stops (on each stop is a hot spot with the same name)
Then there are the names of the attractions beneath. The challenge is to drop the attraction onto the pier stop you would need to get off at if you where going to visit there. (i.e. Drop the Houses of Parliament onto the pier stop for Westminster)
Each attraction has 5 triggers
- Double click to see a lightbox slide with more information about that attractions (and maybe get some clues as to what pier stop you may need)
- A true/false change of variable for the attraction (i.e. change 'HousesOfParliamentDroppedCorrectly' to true when Houses of Parliament is dropped on the Westminster hotspot .
- Show layer correct. i.e. When object (Houses of Parliament) is dropped onto the Westminster hotspot
- Show layer incorrect. i.e.When object (Houses of Parliament) is dropped onto any hotspots (other then the right one)
- Change the state of (in this case) Houses of Parliament to 'Attraction Flag' when the timeline starts on the base layer slide if the variable 'HousesofParliamentDroppedCorrectly' is equal to true. (This just changes the state from the name of the attraction to show a little flag by the pier stop.)
I have 21 attractions and all but 5 work beautifully. They used to all work but now the 5 have stopped (originally built in Storyline 2 before I upgraded to 360 - I don't know if this has anything to do with it?)
I've tried everything, I've even deleted all the hotspots, variable and triggers and rebuilt them but always get the same 5 misbehaving. They jump to other hotspots and won't land on the right one. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the variables (as when I insert a text box and put the reference in I can see they are not changing) but I can't figure out why!
I've attached the story file and a spreadsheet showing what attractions belong to each pier (the 5 badly behaved ones are in red). If anyone has the time or inclination to investigate I would love to know what you find!
I'm having to send a version to the client with the 'bad 5' taken out but it's shame not to include them and on top of that I don't want to be beaten - I can usually figure out what's happened when things don't work but this one truly has me stumped. Would love some help if its out there :)
Thanks a million - Julia