Accessibility Controls in the Storyline 360 Classic player

Jan 05, 2021

Hello,

I need to change the font color to have better contrast and be legible (ironic that this is the accessibility control that is showing up this way...).  I can't seem to find any information on how to change this - hopefully someone here can help.

See the highlighted issue below.

Screen shot of font color issue

6 Replies
Judy Nollet
Ian Rogers

The accessibility controls is a nice feature, but can you change the window background color and text control to separate color selections, or just have the text inherit its color the menu text color? At the moment, from what I can tell the text color is coming from the Button: Text color and the window background color is coming from the Menu: Background color. This is actually really difficult setup to work with, and makes the controls unusable unless you design the whole skin around this limitation.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Ian!

I'm happy to help! It sounds like you're looking to change the window background color and text control to separate color sections in the Classic Player. Here are the background settings which can be found under Base. Link

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you're trying to create with the Classic Player. Would you mind providing a screenshot?

I appreciate your help in troubleshooting this issue!

Ian Rogers

What I'm trying to say is that because you have the text and background for that box is using the color for already existing elements... certain skin designs (Like mine, which I have attached) make the box unusable. If I make the text color darker for example, then I wouldn't be able to see the buttons. It really limits your options if you do a custom skin.