Accessibility in Storyline 360, rounding up the whole thing
In hopes to make sure we know everything about accessibility, here's what I found:
- The Classic player supports both the keyboard shortcuts and the accessible text. It does not support the zoom to fit.
- The Modern player supports the keyboard shortcuts, the accessible text AND the zoom to fit.
- The zoom... doesn't completely zoom the slide to the very edges of the player, but when the sidebar is opened, the slide resizes itself to the edges.
- The zoom, the text and captions can all be toggled with a trigger.
- The shortcuts cannot be toggled with a trigger. I do hope that this will be added eventually.
- The zoom cannot be toggled for tablets and phones.
- The Closed Captions option... is still separated from the accessibility option. I hope that the buttons will be merged at some point.
- The Closed Captions option... is dependant of the entire player's font size, type and color. I do hope, again, that these will be separated in order to make it customizable according to the course's design, like having all those settings IN the caption settings.
- The Review tool... doesn't have options to toggle the accessiblity according to readers and such. I don't know, but if you can already check to display your course on PC, phones and tablets, I feel like having options for readers with the accessible text would be an essential tool.
This should discussed here as well: what do you guys use to check the accessibility on your recent courses? Do you use actual readers, Chrome extensions or the likes?