Accessibility issues

Jun 13, 2014

Hi,

I have been working with Storyline for a while but I am working on a project which requires a higher level of accessibility than I am used to building for.

I seem to be having some issues with the 'tab order' feature. Because I have created my own player, the tab order is picking up every graphic...which includes a lot of mask and background images. 

I have tried 'unchecking' the 'object is visible to accessibility tools' box on each surplus graphic on the first few slides as a test but the graphics still seem to show up when tabbing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this?

Also, is there any way to alter the default setting which automatically 'checks' this checkbox? 

I would welcome any suggestions from you lovely people!

Thanks! 

Tracey

4 Replies
Steve Flowers

Hi Tracey - 

Can you post an example .story file that shows what you're seeing? Attempted to get the focus rectangle to show on several shapes by adding states, adding alt text, etc.. I couldn't get the focus rectangle to show on shapes that had the flag turned off.

The dialog box is non-modal and will apply the properties to all of the selected objects. So selecting multiple objects, right clicking, picking size and position, then hitting the Alt Text tab will let you set the properties for all of the selected objects to visible to accessibility tools or not.

Tracey McDonald

Thanks all. 

I now have the graphics eliminated from the focus rectangle. Hooray!

Steve, thanks for the tip to select multiple objects. I was sure I had given that a go, but obviously not! It will save me a lot of time.

Being able to choose the tab order would be an advantage and tidy up the file a bit but perhaps this is a feature that can be looked at in the future? It would also be great if the default settings could be changed on creation of a new file.

Thank you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.