Accessibility issues with Storyline 360

Dec 13, 2021

Hi,

I have a course that is quite complex and needs to be conforming as much as possible to the accessibility standards.

I am finding the Focus Order option a bit hit and miss.

It gets very confusing when you have several layers in a slide. When you go to the focus Order menu, all content across all of the slide layers is showing together so difficult to figure out the order structure required and what can and cannot be ignored. Or am I looking at it incorrectly? Is there a way to just show the content that applies to the main slide or layer that is active?

1 Reply
Phil Mayor

If you name the layers well it should be easy to see what is on the base layer versus the layers. If you have a lot of content on a slide, I find it easier to select all the objects that don't need to be in the focus order on the slide and removing their visibility from the accessibility tools before I open the window for focus order.

One trick I find is that IF layers can be modal, by clicking on prevent user clicking on base layer will mean you only need to organise each layer rather than moving them up and down on the focus, other wise you need to move the objects after the button that opens them.