Accessible Content - A Suggestion for Improvement
Getting to and verifying whether or not the "Alt Text" box is checked or not is very time consuming, if you are doing both design and/or quality control for modules. I have a simple suggestion that would make life easier.
Have a look at the attached pic. To the left of the timeline I added a 3rd box. This box can be used for the following:
- If the box is blank, it means the Object IS NOT visible to accessibility tools
- If there is a "Wheel-Chair" symbol in the box ( or another symbol to indicate accessibility) it means the Object IS visible to accessibility tools
- Single clicking the blank accessibility box would add the symbol and open the Alt Text Box allowing the developer to add text etc
- Double clicking the Wheel Chair symbol would also open the Alt Text Box, to allow editing etc.
- Removing the symbol would require to user to use the DEL button on their keyboard
This should not be a major undertaking on your side but would allow a designer/developer of accessible content to create and edit accessible content much quicker and easier. Plus, and this is probably the big one, it would allow a much quicker turn-around when a designer/developer has to Quality Control accessible content.
Your thoughts? Comments?