Activating a "pause button" on a slide which stops the audio and slide progression should the learner be interrupted

Jul 16, 2015

Programs that I have to develop are created in PPT w/audio, which I upload to storyline2.  These will be posted on our LMS.  attached is a snapshot of the slide where I’d like to add a functional “pause” button. I’ve tried a number of ways to cause the slide to pause.  I’ve found that I need to delete in storyline view the next and prev button as they do not function at all.  This may be due to the fact that I am not building programs from scratch in storyline2.

Thanks for your patience in my learning curve and use of the forum.

Kathryn

6 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Kathryn,

Create a new layer and click on the gear icon. Select Pause timeline of base layer.  That will stop everything (in mid-word). It starts again when the layer is hidden.

Add a trigger to the pause button that shows the new layer.

I add a Continue button to the layer that covers the pause button and hides the layer when it is clicked.  In this case, I would also put a background-colored box over the Next and Previous buttons. (There is a check box that prevents the user from clicking on base layer items, but I get frustrated when I can see something and can't click it.)

I'm sending the Objectives slide with a sample layer on it. ( I deleted the others to save space.)

Wendy Farmer
Kathryn Clayton

/sorry- When I open this file, there are multiple folders.  As I drill down, I eventually get to programming  "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
<defStyles/>"....

I've tried saving this as a file and opening up n story line to no avail.  Any suggestions?

HI kathryn change the file extension to .story and it should open

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.