Adding a Panel to an Accordian Interaction in SL 360

Oct 26, 2017

Hello! 

I downloaded a great accordian interaction that I am modifying.  It has 5 panels but I need 6. I read that there is a max of 8 but I can't figure out how to add the 6th one? I went to the layer area and copied layer 5 and re-named it 6 but it's not displaying...Are there any instructions for adding a panel and subsequent items needed to get it to function? I've done various searches and not found anything. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance! 

7 Replies
Chino Jose Navarro

Hello Carla,

That accordian interaction sounds cool.
Did you get that interaction from content library?

Normally when you insert an interaction there would be a new design tab on the Ribbon. 
There you would just adjust the "end value".

If you don't have the design tab, feel free to post your course here. I would love to check it out for you. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Carla,

How did you add the accordion panel? Is it an Engage interaction or something you downloaded from within Content Library, or examples from ELH? That'll help us offer ideas and next steps for you.

It looks like the image Chino shared is for adding in a dial interaction in terms of how far it'll rotate/turn. 

Carla Kelley-Gonzales

Great question! it was downloaded from the learning community. Veronica Budnikas created it. Here's the link to the one I am using. https://community.articulate.com/download/storyline-360-vertical-and-horizontal-accordion-interactions

I used the vertical option. I can attach my story if needed. I appreciate your help! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Carla! Thanks for sharing that link. It looks like Veronica created this custom template using shapes. To add a 6th tab, you would want to add an additional "Tab 6" rectangle to the base layer, as well as all of the slide layers. You might have to do some rearranging to get all of the tabs to fit on the slide. Perhaps you could reach out to Veronica in this thread to get her ideas on how you could further customize her template!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.