Adding questions after each scene in Storyline 360

Mar 26, 2021

Hello, I have created a module with 6 scenes, I have added questions after each scene. Do I need to have a results slide after each scene in order to get the pass or fail results or can I add one results page at the end of the module? Also, after the last question in the scene, what should my trigger be to move to the next scene? Thank you for your assistance.

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Darri,

You can add one Results slide at the end of the course. But be aware that if you allow the user to Review and/or Retry, you'll have to do special programming to allow the users to step through the questions without having to see all the content in between. The following post has info about how to do that: 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/tip-review-and-retry-non-adjacent-quiz-questions-without-seeing-the-content-slides-in-between 

An easier option would be to add a Results slide at the end of each module. Then, at the end of the course, you can add a Results slide that combines all of the other ones: 

Another option if the course is linear: Have Results at the end of each module. And don't let the learner continue to the next scene until they pass the current quiz. For example, disable NEXT on the Failure layer (and perhaps add a button to return to the beginning of the module for review). And enable NEXT on the Success layer.

With that option, you could just put a Completion trigger at the very end, since the only way the user could get to the end is by passing all the quizzes. 

Re: the trigger to use at the end of each module: I'd just go with a "jump to scene" trigger to the "next" scene. With that, you don't have to worry about breaking the trigger if you re-arrange slides.