After updating Storyline 360 today I can't import any PP slides.

Dec 16, 2020

I have completely uninstalled then reinstalled Storyline 360 and I "repaired" my Office 2016 products and can open the file directly in Powerpoint but can't import it to Storyline 360.  I get an error message "not enough memory or resources to open Powerpoint" when I'm in Storyline trying to import.  This is happening with all PP files, including those that were fine yesterday before the update.  Help please!!

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Karan,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the issue you're having with importing your PowerPoint files into Storyline after updating. 

Since it sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting already, I've opened up a support case on your behalf so that you can work directly with one of our support engineers to get back up and running.

You should be hearing from someone soon.

Karan Dennis

I think this might be related to audio files that were part of the Powerpoint file.  They didn't show up when I opened the Articulate tab and chose media but I was able to access them and import separately by renaming the file    File.pptx.zip  Then unzip and look for the media files.  (I had previously sent the Powerpoint to a friend with Storyline 2 and they imported there.  He sent them back and I was able to open that file BUT I need to be able to directly import these Powerpoint slides into 360.  Suggestions?