AICC not Bookmarking but SCORM 2004 bookmarks

Nov 27, 2015

Hi Everyone!

I've been running into an odd issue with one eLearning module I have been developing for a client. 

What happens is, the client requires the module to be exported to AICC rather than SCORM 2004 or SCORM 1.2, which is fine, but when I publish the module to AICC and test it in SCORM Cloud, it doesn't bookmark, or it does up to a certain point (slide 4 as per my tests), but when I use SCORM 2004 it does work fine! Very odd...

A bit of background, this is a project for the client with several modules to develop, both in English and French, all the modules except for this one (which is the French version of an English module) work fine in AICC.

So I wonder if it has to do with some sort size limitation for the suspend data on AICC, as this module is about 53 slides long.

If anybody can give me some instructions, that would be great thanks!

Oh, forgot to mention, the client uses Success Factors as their LMS.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Julio Ordonez

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your support. What is strange is that all other modules actually work fine in the same LMS, it was just this one that didn't work, even though the AICC configuration was the same.

I made a couple of changes to the Configuration.js file in the output folder:

• REVIEW_MODE_IS_READ_ONLY was set to False
  • AICC_ENTRY_FLAG_DEFAULT was set to ENTRY_RESUME

Also the SHOW_DEBUG_ON_LAUNCH was set to true, for debugging purposes.

After this, in the process of debugging in SCORM Cloud, I noticed that now the variable holding the suspend data was tracking the correct information, only in one slide it was throwing a null object error and therefore didn't resume to that specific slide, we never figured that one out. However, the course can now resume to any other slide without issues.

It was then uploaded to the client's LMS and the module was now working as expected.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.