All Content Library assets available through Articulate 360 EXCEPT illustrations.

Mar 21, 2017

Hi, this is my first post. :)

I just upgraded from Storyline 2 to Articulate 360. I'm able to access all Content Library assets through the application, EXCEPT illustrations. All I get is a light gray, triangle icon with an exclamation point in the middle of it -- when I search for any subject.

I have no problem downloading characters, photos, icons or videos. Only the illustrations are unavailable to me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

21 Replies
Daniel Brigham

I'm wondering if it has something to do with your default browser. Those
downloads have to get to your computer through a browser, right? --and if
there was a glitch in your default browser, that might cause an issue.

I'd probably change the default browser to a new version of chrome or
firefox, and see what happens. Then again, this might have nothing to do
with it.

Michele Schuck

Thanks Ashley -- Karla said to first, confirm that my version of Articulate 360 is the most current -- which it is.

The next step she recommended has to do with which version of Windows I have -- Version 7.

Here's the link to the troubleshooting page for Windows, in the event that other people experience the same issue I have:

https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-Storyline-360-How-to-Fix-Unexpected-or-Erratic-Behavior

I'm hoping to do some troubleshooting later today and will let you know how it goes!

Michele Schuck

CK1:

My IT department did an investigation and found that the images are pulled from pixma.com. Apparently, pixma.com has some forbidden content available. Strangely, the documentation for Articulate doesn’t indicate that pixma is the provider, but other providers, instead.

Anyway, due to company policy, I was not allowed access to the illustration content, though my employer considered opening up that portal for me. :( Instead, I have to purchase all of my illustrations from iStock.com and import them into Articulate.

Michele Schuck

Chase,

In my case, the issue is that my agency has illustrations and other Articulate 360 content blocked; since the image assets are pulled from Pixabay.com (and I think, other resources), which can serve up content that my agency deems inappropriate. My agency considered white listing the assets for me, but decided not to, in order to comply with company policy.

Hopefully, this is not the same problem you have!

Chase Funke

Michele,

The Articulate team has already responded as well. :) It was fast. I think your right, it sounds like I'm having the exact same issues you were. My IT team runs a pretty tight firewall so it wouldn't be the first time. I've submitted stuff through them and hopefully can get the domains approved and have this issue resolved. 

Thanks

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.