All vector files import as fuzzy in Storyline 360?

Jan 24, 2017

PNG, EMF, WMF, even resorted to trying the TIFF...all import as fuzzy or noticeably lossy in Storyline (Storyline 360).

Note 1/24/17 - This problem is persisting among all vector as well as raster images that Storyline can import; I've tried them all. And in all browsers, whether accessing the HTML or the Flash version after publication. Please provide a solution, thank you. This issue goes to the core of what I acquired Storyline for == to publish crisp, professional-looking modules.

25 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Ken!

Thanks for checking in, and I know what a pain this problem has been. I've updated the right team on this bug's continuing impact and promise to share all updates with you as soon as we know more!

As we continue to investigate, would you be willing to share an affected file with us? We'd love to take a thorough look into what's happening with the quality. If you're able to share an example, please use this private upload link!

Lauren Parker

I'm with you, Ken, and everyone else who has expressed frustration. I've been using Storyline since the very first version and have never had so many image issues in my life. I have high standards for my products, and am thinking I'm going to have to look for alternative products for creation after so many years of being a Storyline-exclusive developer. Fuzzy images are not acceptable, and I think I've done everything I could possibly do to ensure images aren't fuzzy. The minute they go into Storyline is the minute they're fuzzy. So disappointing for a long-time Articulate user. 

Ren Gomez

Hi Lauren,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with fuzzy images in your courses, and I’m sorry this has had such a significant impact on your work.

While we’ve made improvements to make importing images as seamless as possible, we know there’s still work to be done. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our team to ensure high-quality images in courses remains a priority.

I don’t see any cases in the past where you’ve worked with our team directly on these issues, so I’ve opened a case on your behalf to take a closer look and offer some additional help.

In the meantime, we have these best practices for your media in Storyline:

Be on the lookout for a response as soon as possible! 

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Jon!

I appreciate you trying the tips from our best practices guide, and I'm sorry to hear that the blur is still there.

A few more ideas to consider:

• If the slide size is different than the media dimensions, you'll need to scale the media to fit the slide. That contributes to a loss in quality so let's check that both dimensions are close in size. 
  • Check out the advice Tom Kuhlmann shares in this similar discussion.

To help us look into the quality, are you comfortable with sharing a sample file with us? Use this private case link, and we'll delete it from our machines after careful review!