Animation

Aug 26, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to make a button fly in from a position under a book to the centre of the screen a few seconds after the page is opened. Hopefully so it looks like the button is falling out of the book (it actually might suck once I see it).

Any suggestions on how to configure it?

Thanks,

Mark

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mark,

Fly in is an animation you can use within Storyline, although depending on where the book is within your slide, you can't create a custom motion path to determine where it starts and stops. If you're able to share the slide you're working on with some additional description here in the forums, the community may be able to offer ideas or alternatives for what you're trying to accomplish. 

Hi Mark,

With the set up that you have I can't see a way that the animations would look like it was "flying" out of the book. I do know that some users who want to have those custom animations create them in Powerpoint and save it as a Flash object, which then could be inserted into Storyline. Not sure this would work for your example. If you were open to playing around with the location of things, you could put the books at the bottom and make it look like it's coming from the books in this example (only Fact 1 is working). It's a pretty crude example, but I hope you get the idea. 

Certainly doesn't add anything to the learning - but sometimes it's about providing visual interest or engagement, and you just need to weigh that with the pedagogy. We see a lot of questions about how to not make it a "boring" experience - so it's the little things like that which could help. You may want to review the Community blogs for other ideas and check out the Building Better Courses forum. 

Good luck with your project! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.