Animations in Storyline 360

Dec 20, 2016

The following entrance and exit animations do not work when published to LMS.

Split, Wipe, Random, Shape and Wheel.

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laurie,

Are you viewing these courses within Internet Explorer? If so, the "mask animations" aren't supported within Internet Explorer - and you would want to look at using a different browser or if you'll have a lot of folks using IE you may want to look at using different animations.

Hope that helps! 

Laurie Hudson

Yes I am using internet explorer as well as all of my clients.  The animations do not work.  They work perfectly in Storyline 2.  Other animations will not work for the applications I am using them for.  I am certainly hoping that they will work in the near future of updates.  There are very few animations to begin with and to lose five animation types because I use internet explorer does not make any sense.  Please let me know if Articulate is working on resolving this problem.  Thanks.  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laurie,

First of my apologies, there was a typo in my previous answer - that those type of animations are not supported within Internet Explorer 11 within Storyline 360.  I've reached out to our QA team to get a bit more clarification on the change in behavior, and to see if it's something that they'll be able to modify in future or if it'll continue as an unsupported element. 

I'll keep you posted here once I have additional information!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.