Any one using Parallels 14 on Mac to run Storyline 360?

Sep 26, 2018

I am struggling with poor quality display. Any hints?

thanks

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Webby,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble with Storyline in Parallels, but we're here to help! 

I use Parallels 13 too and run Windows 10 and 8.1. I wasn't clear if you were having trouble with the display of Storyline as you're editing or while you're viewing the published output? 

If you'd like to share a screenshot that may help us with next steps.

Also, our Support Team is happy to help with more troubleshooting! 

Elizabeth Douglas

OK. What is going wrong? I have been getting fuzzy output on a MAC (using parallels). And now switch to a Windows PC, and am also getting fuzzy graphics in the output.

Attached is a screen capture of the image from inside the preview. The one named nicequality-straightfromsnip is before the quality before it goes into storyline. I initially thought this was a MAC parallels problem. But maybe it is bigger? What I am I doing wrong? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Webby,

It's hard to tell what the rest of your course and the setup looks like from those images, but I'd start by looking into any scaling that you're doing of the images upon adding to Storyline. In our best practices for images article, you'll see it noted that any scaling of an image could change its overall quality. 

If you're not scaling the image or the Storyline player in the published output, could you share a copy of the image here so that we can take a look? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.