Apply Default Slide Layout to Question Banks (Storyline 360)

Apr 30, 2019

I have done a little research and only found one similar question/answer to what I am hoping to find (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/draw-from-question-bank-and-changing-layouts).

I have created a question bank, and we also have a number of slide masters. I can (and have) manually reapplied the layout we want however each time a new question is applied to the question bank its slide layout is rather randomly defaulted to a layout in the middle of the all the master template options - which is far from suitable for any question-based format.

Is there a way I can select a slide master for all new question bank slides to automatically have applied by default as they are added to the bank, rather than having to make manual corrections every time?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Kelly!

That's a great question. Each time you add a new quiz slide, the layout should default to the "original" question layout, but it sounds like that's not happening in your file.

While there isn't a way to set up a new default layout, you can change the layout of multiple question slides at once.

• Open the question draw so you can see all question slides in the left pane.
  • Select all slides in the question draw by clicking the first slide, holding down the Shift key, and clicking the last slide.
  • Right-click one of the slides, go to Apply Layout, and select the layout you need. 

Let me know if that works for you!

Kelly Taylor

Thanks Alyssa,

This is the current work around I am using, and teaching my team to do the same. 

I was hopeful that there was a way I could set a default so it wasnt necessary each time you add a new question slide.

Could you please clarify for me what you mean (a link to another response is fine) by Each time you add a new quiz slide, the layout should default to the "original" question layout, and how I can confirm what this slide is and if/how I can change that?

I appreciate any assistance in trying to make this process as smooth as possible for my developers. Thanks again.

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Kelly!

I thought the best way to explain would be to record a quick video using Peek 360. Check it out here!

If your course has several slide masters and you weren't the original creator of those slide masters, it might be tough to identify which layout is the "original" question layout. 

If you have a hunch something isn't working correctly in your file and you'd like more eyes on it, we're here to help! You can send your file to us privately here, and we'll take a look. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.