Arabic font problem (letters are corrupted)

Jul 16, 2018

Hi, my friends 

I'm working on a project in Arabic language and when I preview the project inside storyline it was okay but after publishing letters were corrupted like the screenshot below. I have tried many fonts like (Arial Unicode MS, Microsoft sans-serif, and Calibri) but nothing of these fixed the problem. 

How could I solve this problem? taking into consideration that this not happened with all the text in the project but about 30% only. 


8 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Mai.  We found an issue with the Arabic characters in Ahmed's file not displaying properly in certain browsers.

Would you be able to share your file with our support team so we can do some testing?  With your permission, we will investigate what's happening, and we'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting. You can share it with our team here.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mai,

I saw you were also working through it with Alyssa in this forum discussion, and it looks like you also worked with Jose on this in a case. He shared that it's been reporting to our Support team as an issue with how Arabic text is displaying incorrectly/differently in HTML5 on IE, Edge and Firefox. It does display correctly in IE11 with Flash, or Chrome's HTML5 output so you'll want to look at using one of those browsers. 

We'll keep you posted here and as a part of your case! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! I'm excited to let you know that we released update 6 for Storyline 3! It includes enhanced features and fixes - Check them out here.

One fix addressed an issue where right-to-left text could be reversed, out of sequence, or spaced incorrectly.

Click here to download the latest version of Storyline 3. Then, be sure to enable Modern Text to resolve any font and alignment issues. Let me know if you need more help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.