Arabic transcript displaying incorrectly in transcript panel for Chrome and Firefox . SL360

Oct 27, 2017

Hello, so I have an issue with an Arabic translated course in SL360, HTML5 output. I don't read Arabic but I was reported that our English to Arabic translated course is showing the transcript text wrong, there are font and spacing issues when playing on Chrome and Firefox but when plying the course in IE11 seems to show everything OK. We got everything setup to read from right to left in SL, we are using Simplified Arabic font but also tested using Arial unicode MS, set my machine to use Arabic language and keyboard, also tried using some random Google Translate text instead of the real content, still nothing. According to the linguist report:

"there are spacing issues between the words, the text is very close to the left edge, all the typing is off, letters are either glued together or excessively separated with spaces"

As I said I don't read Arabic but comparing the published content between IE11 and Chrome I can notice some obvious differences, see attached image.

Can somebody help? This is an urgent issue since we need to deliver like yesterday.

Thanks!

12 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Peter and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out. I do not have an update to share at this time, but I've updated the report to reflect the user impact.

It looks like Lauren has shared our process above and this conversaions is attached so that we can share any additional information with you as well.

Aukalen M

Hello. 

We're facing the same issue. Is there any update on this? or a workaround? 

Just some further info in case it helps. 

1) Preview looks OK.

2) Publish of 1 problematic slide (for example) looks OK.

3) same slide in full publish - text looks overlapped and oddly spaced.

All in Chrome and FF (looks OK on IE11)  

Thanks

Lauren Connelly

Hello Aukalen!

Unfortunately, I don't have an update to share. Our team is still investigating this error where the Arabic transcript is not formatted properly. 

Since you've already posted in this discussion, you'll be notified when we report back with an update. Thank you for taking the time to add more details!

Lauren Connelly

Hello!

I wanted to share that we aren't seeing this bug where Arabic characters in the Notes Panel are displaying incorrectly in Chrome and Firefox when the Player is set to Right to Left in the latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.49.24347.0).

To take advantage of the fix, make sure to update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 Desktop App.