Are Storyline 2 and Storyline 360 actually WYSIWYG?

Feb 07, 2017

One of my biggest pet peeves with Storyline 1 is that it's not really WYSIWYG. I adjust font and size to make text align where I want it or add graphics in certain locations and it looks great. Then I publish. All that hard work is down the tubes because after publishing, everything is in different places because somehow words now fit on a line or don't fit on a line. So frustrating! Is either Storyline 2 or 360 actually WYSIWYG?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Angie, 

I'd want to take a look at the Storyline 1 file where you saw this behavior, but Storyline 2 and Storyline 360 did include a number of updates and changes to the text and slide editing to provide a better experience based on user feedback in Storyline 1. One of those areas was zooming in on a slide would cause things to be out of alignment once previewed or published as Storyline 1 wasn't respecting their location as a part of the zoom. You would have needed to edit the slide zoomed in at 100% to ensure the items were where you had placed them. Another item you'd want to check is that you're working with a DPI setting of 96 as detailed here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.