Articulate 360 courses not scoring correctly in SCORM Cloud using Chrome

Oct 05, 2018

Hi there

I am testing an Articulate 360 course on SCORM Cloud. Publish settings are SCORM 2004, 4th Edition, Passed/Failed. When I test in Internet Explorer 11 I get the correct results if I fail 2 of the questions from the quiz i.e. Complete/Failed/66.66% but if I test the same course in Chrome failing the same 2 questions I get an incorrect result of Complete/Passed/0%. Please can you advise how to fix this so that my course will work correctly in Chrome. Is this a SCORM Cloud issue or an Articulate 360 issue?

My client's learners use Chromebooks so we need to fix this issue for them.

My client is due to go live with this course next week so any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Alena

13 Replies
Lee Inskip

An update to the above post - I was advised by the support team at SCORM Cloud to test whether the course was opening in Flash or HTML5. In IE11 the course is opening in Flash this is when the course is reporting correctly. In Chrome I am not able to check if it is using Flash or HTML5 as an error comes up under developer tools (F12) when the course is opening which states "Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may be recorded. Please contact technical support."

I have searched this forum and this is indicating a JavaScript version problem but as I am uploading to SCORM Cloud and getting this error rather than a client's LMS could this still point to a JavaScript issue?

Any help gratefully received. The client is supposed to be going live with this course on Wednesday.

Lee Inskip

Hi Leslie

Just wanted to update you - the support team at SCORM Cloud advised me to enable Flash on Chrome on my computer. Details on how to do that here.  I re-tested the course and the scoring now works.

My worry is that if any Learner is not able to have Flash enabled then the HTML5 version will not report correctly for them.

Should I be concerned about the HTML5 version or not?

Lee Inskip

Hi Leslie

Another update - if you could pass this on to the support team...our technical team here have advised that we should not be advising clients to install Flash to their machines as it is not secure. We therefore need to find out what the issue is with the HTML5 course not communicating with Chrome  "Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support."

Any help with this would be appreciated.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.