Articulate 360 Desktop App has stopped working

Aug 22, 2017

Unable to open Articulate 360 Desktop app. Get this pop up:

Have re-installed, and re-booted, get the same error...

Suggestions?

8 Replies
Mits Jutley

HI all, 

I am getting a similar issue when trying to publish to Articulate 360. I am using  Windows 10, and have been able to Publish to Articulate 360 previously when testing it.

I am trying to attach a Storyline eLearning to a Rise lesson. I have created the eLearning in Storyline, but when publishing to Articulate 360, this is when the error occurs.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mits,

Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360, Update 18? 

Also, have you tried saving the file and closing down Storyline, to give it a fresh start at publishing? I'd also want to know if any of the other publishing methods work for you. If you're seeing that error consistently, I'd look at repairing Storyline too.  

Let us know how it goes after checking into that! 

Mits Jutley

Hi Ashley,

I have been on the phone with our IT guys, they have uninstalled/reinstalled Storyline 360. Full shut down and restart of PC.
I have also checked what version of Articulate I am on, and yes, I am on the latest version.

I have re-tried to publish the Storyline project, but the same error has re-appeared.

The storyline file is saved locally, and is around 20mb in size.

I need to be able to publish to 360, as I want to be able to link it to a RISE lesson as a storyblock.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Mits

[Knight Frank LLP]<http://www.knightfrank.com/?utm

Mits Jutley

Hi Ash,

I have tried publishing other storyline projects, and they were all successful.
When I checked the project details in Story view, there was a blank slide, which was not linked to anything. I deleted it, and re-tried to publish. This time it was successful.

Cheers, Mits

[Knight Frank LLP]<http://www.knightfrank.com/?utm

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mits,

It sounds like you're back up and running, and it was that one blank slide causing issues? Glad to hear you fixed it!

I'd also take a look at the best practices for preventing file corruption outlined here. That could be what caused that one file to not publish based on the extra slide too. 

Let us know if you run into any other trouble! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.