Articulate 360 desktop app updated not getting installed

Dec 19, 2018

Hello,

Me and my team (15 of us) have been facing this issue for about 3 months now. As it didn't affect the apps we use, we didn't mind this. Now Storyline 360 won't open unless we update the 360 desktop app. And god knows why, it wouldn't complete the installation. There is no error code, the installation progress comes close to the end and freezes. We have tried all the steps in your community without a solution. The technical support page doesn't have any support information. ironic. Is there a solution for this from your end or should we just look for an alternative tool that works without glitches.  I'm really frustrated because if the tool doesn't work in a couple of days, then I might have horrible holidays. :|

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jerine, 

I'm sorry you and your team have had such a tough time using Storyline! We want to help you get this sorted out so you can move forward without any more glitches.

First, try these troubleshooting steps if you haven't already. 

Once you have a clean installation of Articulate 360, you will no longer be prompted to update the desktop app to open Storyline. You can snooze those notifications, if you like. 

Let me know how it goes!

MARK DIGIACOMO

Download and run this tool from Microsoft to fix issues with uninstalling or installing apps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

After running the Microsoft tool, restart the computer. After restarting, try to install the Articulate 360 Desktop app again and see if that works.

I tried a million other solutions before finding that this works!

Zach Anderson

I am having the same problem. I can't use Storyline until the Articulate 360 app has been installed, and the only reason I uninstalled and re-installed is because it stopped working after I updated my windows 10 computer with a run-of-the-mill, common update. 

To make it worse, Articulate is not being responsive and don't have a phone number to call. I need a real human to talk to about this! 

Also, Mark DiGiacomo, the link you provided brings one to a webpage, but, the tool itself has been removed from the webpage. So there really is no solution here. 

I am going to factory reset my computer to see if that works. It will put me very behind which is very frustrating. Articulate, please fix this!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Zach and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing that you're running into an issue getting up and running with Articulate 360.

I see that you've reached out to both the support team and our customer care team. They are working on it, across multiple teams, but I understand that you've not received an update. I have escalated your case to let them know that you're reaching out in the forums as well.

You do have a Teams account, which allows you Live Chat:

Articulate Support: Live Chat

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rose, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

While there's no native Mac version of the Articulate 360 desktop app, you can run it using a virtual environment, such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion, or through Apple Boot Camp if your Mac is Intel-based.

Here are some articles to get you started:

If this is not your exact scenario, or if you are receiving errors when going through the steps above, let me know, and I'm happy to continue this conversation.