Articulate 360 for systemadministrators

Nov 09, 2016

Hello,

This is probably posted in the wrong forum, but since there is no forum for the new 360 product...

I am the systemadministrator at our company. We have around 50 computers who will need some or all of the 360 products installed. Our users don't have admin permissions on their machines.

How can I deploy the products via a silent installation to my client machines?

I did not find this information in the documentation.

Thanks!
Best regards,

Thomas Eitler

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Thomas,

Great question - and all the individual Articulate 360 features can be posted in their own sections (i.e. Storyline, Rise, Studio, etc.). As far as the silent installer,  you'll need to manually install the Articulate 360 desktop app and sign in with your Articulate ID. Then, use the Articulate 360 desktop app to install Storyline 360 (or any of the other items in the suite). 

Firma LearnChamp

Hello Ashley,

thanks for your response. 

I have seen that, but my question is regarding the whole suite and there is no forum for that (or at least not yet). I also read the documentation pages you linked.

Manual installation is not an option for us, therefore my question. Our users don't have admin permission and can not install the product manually themselves. It is also not feasable for 50 client machines to individually download the product. 

Can we preload the installer for the individual products and silently deploy them? How are other business customers dealing with this? 

Best regards,

Thomas Eitler

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Thomas, 

There isn't a forum for the entire suite - sorry if that was confusing! 

Looks like I cut out a  part of my answer, that there is not currently a silent installation process. So it would have to be a manual installation and understandably on 50+ machines that's involved! 

I know our Success team had discussed this issue in the Beta with a few groups, so I'd defer to their expertise on it! You can reach out to them here and they'll be able to share some additional information and ideas with you. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.