Articulate 360 free trial

Nov 15, 2016

Hi, I'd like to try the free version of Articulate 360 before I buy it. I have already built something with Rise - it was great. I'd like to see the desktop apps, but have a problem when trying to download them. Is this because they only come with a subscription? 

If not, do you have an offline installer that will do the job, please/

Many thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Kathy

20 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Kathy!  Your trial includes the desktop apps as well.  Can you tell me more about what happens when you attempt to download and install the Articulate 360 desktop app?  Is this happening in more than one internet browser?  Which one are you using?

This is our User Guide article about installing, just to reference.  Thanks for reaching out!

Mayuresh Saka

Hi,

I am facing issues with installing the Desktop apps. I have attached a screenshot for the articulate 360 app which only shows the web version, there's no link for Desktop apps to either download or launch.

Could you please suggest me what is to be done as we also need to check the Storyline 360 version once before upgrading from Storyline 2 to Storyilne 360.

Thanks
Mayuresh Saka

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Mayuresh!

One of our website engineers looked into this and let me know that this could be more than a simple log in issue.

Can you please go to 360.articulate.com, log in, and tell me if you see the *Download Apps* button to the left of your avatar?  Also, the you should see the *Subscribe* button since you are in a trial.

Please let me know what you find!

Kathy Currey

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for your reply. The IS support desk staff member tried it out on my work computer. We use both Internet Explorer and Chrome. I got this error message. Error: 80072EFD

I have subsequently tried it on my own laptop at home, and it worked perfectly. I would love it on my work computer, though. Any ideas on how to sort it out?

Many thanks.

Kathy

Kathy Currey

i Crystal,

Thanks for your reply. The IS support desk staff member tried it out on my work computer. We use both Internet Explorer and Chrome. I got this error message. Error: 80072EFD

I have subsequently tried it on my own laptop at home, and it worked perfectly. I would love it on my work computer, though. Any ideas on how to sort it out?

As far as i understand, this download tries to connect to the Internet when you download it. It may be, that in a big company, it can't get that sort of verification? Do you have an offline download available, please?

Many thanks.

Kathy

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kathy,

There isn't an offline download option, as it's a subscription it needs to connect with the internet and confirm your status. That error though has been once we've seen based on particular Windows/Microsoft components missing. I'd ask for you to work with our support Engineers directly so that they can work through it with you. 

Aneeta Menon

Hi, I am having the same issue as Mayuresh - I seem to be logged in fine and all is downloaded but no desktop apps . To your earlier question, I see a button that says "Download apps" when I log into the website but upon install it says it is already installed! I am on a personal PC with no network restrictions. 

Mayuresh Saka

Hi Nils,

Once you have downloaded the installer for Articulate 360 app, Right-click the installation file and choose Run as administrator.

Below is the online link for installing and updating the articulate 360 desktop app.

https://community.articulate.com/articles/articulate-360-installing-and-updating-the-articulate-360-desktop-app

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.