Articulate 360, installing apps on other drive than C?

Jan 10, 2017

Articulate 360, is there a possibility to install apps on other drive than C? My C drive on my MSI laptop is a small and fast ssd, not really meant to hold the bulk of my apps. 

19 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Byron,

Articulate applications need to be installed locally with administrator privileges and then run as the end user profile on that computer, you'll find all the directions for installing Articulate 360 here.  We also don't support installing it within a server environment. 

I did pass this along to our team as something to consider for a feature request in the future. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Patrick,

Are you unable to install to your C drive as well? Although this discussion is a tad older, we have yet to change the default location for installing Articulate software. We do have steps for enterprise/silent installation that would allow you to change the location, and if you'd like to work with our Support team then can provide you directions on that. 

David Rogers

Is there any update on this? I am also in the same situation with a small fast SSD drive as drive C: and five other HDD drives with lots of free space - and no way to specify the installation location. How do we access the Enterprise version which allows one to specify the installation location?
If there is a solution can you please post it here?

Lauren Connelly

Hello everyone!

I wanted to jump into this discussion and share that today we released Storyline 360 (Build 3.61.27106.0), which includes the option to change the installation directory of Articulate 360 and its bundled 360 desktop apps.

Now, you can choose your installation directory when manually downloading and running the EXE installer (articulate-360.exe). Just click the folder icon on the upper-right corner when the installer launches, browse to the folder where you want to install your Articulate 360 apps, then click Install Now.

All you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to contact us in this discussion or privately in a support case.