Articulate 360 - submit button disappears when revisiting a pick one quiz

Oct 16, 2017

Hi there 

I hope someone can help! The submit button on my pick one quiz disappears if you revisit the quiz.

The quiz is quite simple, you select a shape and click 'submit', if you get the wrong answer you select 'try again' and have another go until you get the right answer. It all works on the first go through - no problem, no matter how many times you get the wrong answer. 

The problem occurs if you try to revisit the slide and have another go (so you complete the first question, move on the the second and then go back using the navigation arrows). It's ok if you select the right answer but if you select a wrong answer, the 'try again' button appears but if you click it, the submit button is not displayed which means you get stuck! 

Very frustrating. I've tried to change the revisit settings and the questions settings and nothing seems to make a difference. I hope someone can help. 

Many thanks 

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Laura! It sounds like you'd prefer to allow your learners to submit their quiz answers all at once, is that correct?

In other words, quiz questions will not be graded until the learner reaches the end of the quiz. The learner has the freedom to go back to previous quiz questions and change their answers, if they would like to. 

If that's what you had in mind, follow this tutorial! I hope that helps. 🙂

Roger Beatty

This is an old thread now, but I just had the same problem and found a good solution. (BTW, I found that checking "Reset to Initial State" on the quiz slides did not help -- but this method did.)

On the Quiz Results slide, add in a trigger to the Next button/swipe to reset the Quiz Results if the Quiz Result = Fail. This has to be the first of the triggers associated with the Next button on the Results slide.

With the Quiz Results reset when the student leaves the Quiz Results slide, the Submit button returns when the student later revisits the quiz. In other words, revisiting the quiz later now duplicates hitting the Retry button immediately after failing a quiz. Took some trial and error but it's now working fine.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.