Articulate 360 v Captivate + Macbook Air!

Feb 17, 2017

Hey all,

We're hoping to invest in either of these two products two but I'm very worried about the lack of Mac support with Articulate. I've got a MacBook Air 13" with 1.6 gb... are any of you successfully running this product with this machine? Can it actually take Windows (via Bootcamp?) as well as Articulate? What's the view like? Is it minimised at all?

Any help advice hugely appreciated! And if they're any developers 'listening' any particular reason for the lack of Mac support? It seems like a huge 'doh!' to me! But then I'm a Born Again MacHead I think ;-)

3 Replies
Jaidyn Martin

I am running Storyline 2 on my MacBook Pro with no issues. I can't for sure say whether your Air will run it without full specs, but I will give you mine.

I have a Windows 10 virtual environment running through VirtualBox, dedicated to SL projects. My virtual machine has 6gb of RAM, 50gb of HD space. My MacBook has a total of 16gb of RAM, so allocating 6gb for Win10 isn't much of a strain. Windows 10 and Storyline run perfectly in my virtual environment.

I know Airs have lower specs so you may find more of a struggle, but if you can match the specs that I posted it should run okay. I initially had 4gb of RAM allocated, but increased it as there was a slight delay, although Storyline was still usable.

Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.