Articulate Mobile Player

Feb 09, 2016

When launching a storyline course from our LMS (CSOD) on iOS, you are presented with the page which offers you the ability to launch the course or download the Articulate player from the AppStore (amplaunch.html).  However, the launch button does nothing with a single touch on iOS.  You have to push and hold the launch button and then select "Open in Articulate" and then the course launches in the Articulate mobile app as expected.

Similar behavior is seen by the "Download on the AppStore" button.

Is there a way to make this work for a normal touch of the button?  I don't expect most users will know how to over

This was tested on 3 different iPads, and all exhibited the same behavior.

7 Replies
Brian Allen

Chris, I'm not familiar with Cornerstone, is it Tin Can compliant?

The reason I ask is that the Articulate Mobile Player is only Tin Can compliant, and if your LMS is not then you'll not track anything back.

We uncheck the option for the Mobile Player when we're publishing for LMS and just keep the HTML5 box selected. 

This forces the HTML5 content to launch in the mobile browser, which is SCORM compliant and works well with our LMS.

I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but I hope it helps.

Brian Allen
chris blackburn

No concern about communication back to the LMS, just concerned about being able to launch the content.

Ok, taking tracking out of the conversation, if you're having problems launching the mobile player it is still true that if you uncheck that option when publishing then it will force your mobile device to launch the HTML5 content in the mobile browser, allowing your content to launch.

If you're not concerned about tracking back to the LMS have you tried uploading your content somewhere else and trying to launch it?  Your LMS could be part of the problem, so take it out of the loop if you're not worried about LMS tracking.

Try uploading your content to Articulate TempShare and then see if you can launch it via the Articulate Mobile Player.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Chris!

Sounds like you may be experiencing the following, so be sure you are utilizing the latest update.

Apple made some changes to the way apps launch in iOS 9, so your Articulate Storyline 2 courses may not launch in the Articulate Mobile Player as you'd expect. We added support for iOS 9 in Update 7 for Storyline 2. See this article for details on how to update your Storyline software and your published courses.

chris b.

Thanks Brian for the help, but offline use is required for us... therefore I must keep the player.

I do believe Leslie is right on target.  That article explains my exact issue.  I even listed the amplaunch.html file they say to edit in my original question here.  I knew the problem was there, just didn't know the fix.  I am on the current update for Storyline, but there is a workaround for iFrame which is what I'm implementing now.  I'm editing now and uploading and expect this to work.  Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.