Articulate mobile player

Mar 27, 2018

Hi,

I have created a few e-learning modules for a company and everything worked, until I upgraded my phone to android Oreo (8) and now the mobile player freezes in a black screen. Also when I open the app without opening a course. When looking at the comments in the Google play store I saw that this app crashes and has black screens and forces people to restart.. I was wondering if you are working on fixing this or that I have to look for another solution for mobile use.

Thank you.

Jelle

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Jelle.  Thanks for letting us know what's happening on your Android 8 device.  We're investigating an issue with how Storyline 360 output displays in the Articulate Mobile Player on Android 8 devices.  

Can you confirm what version of Storyline you’re using?  (Go to Help > About Storyline.)  I'll give you some next best steps for viewing your content on mobile devices.

Crystal Horn

Quick update: Storyline and Studio courses weren’t working in the Articulate Mobile Player (AMP) on Android OS 8 and 9 devices. Learners would just see a black screen when they opened a course.

Good news! We updated the Articulate Mobile Player so it's compatible with Android OS 8 and 9 devices. Ask learners to install the latest app update, then courses will work as expected.

Let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.