Articulate Mobile Player

Jul 16, 2013

Hello Mr. Articulate,

Our client's LMS is not launching the course we created for them in the Articulate Mobile Player when viewing from an iPad. I have done some testing on my own and have noticed that I can't even get a Storyline course to launch in the Articulate Mobile Player within SCORM Cloud when viewing from an iPad. I am using the following settings when I publish.So, first off is there something that I am doing incorrectly? Also I would like to know if there is a know setting that a LMS administrator would be able to change in order to allow this to function properly.

Thank you for your help,

-Bryce

4 Replies
Bryce Marshall

SCORM Cloud is Tin Can Compliant so yes. Regardless, shouldn't Tin Can compliance only affect the reporting? Meaning you should be able to launch and view the course, however, you just wouldn't be able to track it. 

As far as the LMS login, All of the Learning Management Systems that I am familiar with require the a user to login. Isn't the point of an LMS to track scoring and completion of courses as it pertains to individual users? Can you please explain to me what it is you mean as far as the variable of 'the user logging in' affecting the ability for the content of the course to launch in the Articulate Mobile Player. The main reason why I am confused with this is because the Articulate Mobile Player launches from the Articulate On-line LMS and I'm pretty sure you have to login to Articulate On-line.

Phil Mayor

Bryce Marshall said:

SCORM Cloud is Tin Can Compliant so yes. Regardless, shouldn't Tin Can compliance only affect the reporting? Meaning you should be able to launch and view the course, however, you just wouldn't be able to track it. 

As far as the LMS login, All of the Learning Management Systems that I am familiar with require the a user to login. Isn't the point of an LMS to track scoring and completion of courses as it pertains to individual users? Can you please explain to me what it is you mean as far as the variable of 'the user logging in' affecting the ability for the content of the course to launch in the Articulate Mobile Player. The main reason why I am confused with this is because the Articulate Mobile Player launches from the Articulate On-line LMS and I'm pretty sure you have to login to Articulate On-line.

You cannot use the mobile player without using Tin-can if you need to login to your LMS (which I agree all LMS's require you to do), this is because the mobile player cannot authenticate itself (there is no browser element in the mobile app) even if you login in Mobile safari this authentication does not open it in the LMS and therefore in the Mobile app.  Scormclour requires authentication so I would publish to Tincan for that as well.

Articulate Online is special as it is built by Articulate for articulate software so you would expect the mobile app to work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.