Articulate on iPad

Hi everyone! 

I used Storyline 2 to create these webinars and they work great on desktops but I'm having an issue with them on Chrome and Safari on tablets. I have attached a document with screenshots of the various outcomes. 

https://firstwords.ca/learning-tools/ 

You can click on the page with the various modules at the link above. 

I've also attached a document that outlines the issues. 

Looking forward to and grateful for any help you heroes can provide!!!! 

Thanks! 

Heidi 

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Heidi,

In Storyline 2, the mobile output is only supported on Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later. So that would explain why things aren't working correctly in Chrome on your iPad. 

For the image where you see the Launch button - that looks like what I'd expect if they course had been published to include the Articulate Mobile player. Do you have access to the original .story file for that course to republish it without the Mobile player option checked? 

Heidi Lasi

Hi Ashley, 

Thanks for your response! 

You wrote: "In Storyline 2, the mobile output is only supported on Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later. So that would explain why things aren't working correctly in Chrome on your iPad." 

Can you tell which version I'm running based on the screenshots I sent? 

And, yes, I do have access to the .story files. But if I don't include the Mobile player option it will work on mobiles? That seems counterintuitive to me. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Heidi,

We cannot tell what version you are using, but since Chrome is only supported in Android, we recommend using Safari.

The Articulate Mobile Player is an additional 'app' to run the courses. If you were not using this, you'd want to just be sure that the HTML5 output was included.

You can see all of our viewing requirements in this documentation.