Articulate Storyline 2

Sep 16, 2014

Congratulations on the release of Storyline 2!

I have a question. If I install either the Storyline 2 demo or Full Product upgrade, will I still be able to access and use Articulate Storyline 1? In other words, will there both Storyline 1 and Storyline 2 be available on my licenses systems?

Reason I ask, I have clients who will not switch to Storyline 2 for a while and I need to be able to maintain both Storyline 1 and 2 source files.

Please advise..... STeve

20 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Steve,

Michael is correct - you can have both installed on the same system. When I installed SL2 on my machine, it did default to opening .story files in SL2, but this is a setting you can adjust within your Program settings of Windows. And of course if you right click on a file, you'll be able to choose "Open with.." or open the particular version of Storyline and then search for the file from within there. 

STEVEN CHORNY

Thanks Michael,

That is what I thought it would be.... but you never can tell.  I went through hell a few years ago with another product.  I was assured that I could keep and run the old version, but when it came to installing the update, it overwrote the old software......

I am forever skeptical but, when the vendor puts it in writing, at least you have some recourse and someone to yell at for help!!

Have a good day........ and thanks again.

.. Steve

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.