Articulate Storyline 3 - Update 4 : 3.4.15731.0 Problem with images on the edge of the slide

Jan 09, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with images that bleed in Articulate Storyline 3 - Update 4 : 3.4.15731.0. I've make the image in Photoshop. The image have the same size of my Articulate Storyline (1004 x 565). When I work in Storyline everything look find, no stroke on the side of the picture. But when I Preview the slide, I have a stroke... I think it is a bug...  I need to enlarge the image beyond the beginning of the slide to avoid this problem.  
The most bizarre thing is that this behavior does not occur on all slides or on all images.

The image in Storyline.

The image in preview mode.

The position of the image

The size of the image

The size of the template.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Steve,

Thanks for all those images.

Are you also seeing this in publish, or does it only occur in Preview?

Can you also let me know the resolution of the monitor you're using? Our team has seen something similar happen in Preview, but only on high-resolution monitors and it shouldn't be visible in publish either. 

Lastly, I also wanted to let you know we're now on Storyline 3, build 3.5.16548.0. You can click on that link to update to the latest version as well. 

Steve Prud'Homme

I also seeing this in publish

My Monitor screen resolution : 1366 x 768.

As for updates, I work in a public energy company with more than 19,000 employees. For security reasons new applications and updates are packaged and deployed by IT departments. It may take more than 30 days for an application to be approved by IT. Minor updates are often forgotten. If you are sure that this issue is fixed by this minor update, I will ask for the update of the package.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Steve,

Thanks for checking the published output too. Our team is currently investigating that issue, although in the tests we've run it's only occurred in the Modern player with Storyline 360. As you are using Storyline 3, it seems like it may be something different.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I’ll delete it when I’m done troubleshooting.

In the meantime, could you try adding that image to the slide background vs. directly on the slide. That was resolving the issue for folks in Storyline 360. 

Since this is still an open issue within Storyline 3 Update 5, installing the latest version wouldn't fix it, but it would ensure you have access to any of the other fixes released in build 3.5.16548.0

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.