Articulate Storyline 360: Audio and images in upgraded Storyline 2 projects not showing correct file name in timeline.

May 23, 2019

A co-worker and I are having an issue with names of audio and image files not showing properly when hovering over the file in the timeline after being upgraded from Storyline 2 to 360.

This is a reoccurring problem across multiple upgraded courses, but does not happen for every file. The example from the attached screenshots shows the name of an audio file as '140.mp3' upon hovering in Storyline 2, but shows 'Recorded.mp3' in 360. In some instances, a random mix of letters and numbers is shown instead of 'Recorded.mp3' or the original file name.

We've also noticed that the files that do not show their original file names do not show up in the course's Media Library. You'll see in the attached screen shot that there are no 'recorded.mp3' files showing. We label audio/images/slides (to keep assets in order) by 5's--you'll see several gaps where there should be a file, such as 130, 140, 145, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Lauren! If it's ok, can we have a look at your project files? We have an issue where this name change was happening when updating Storyline 360 files from earlier builds, but I couldn't reproduce it when upgrading a file from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360. The media library issue should be explored as well.

If you can share a Storyline 2 original file (it will say "backup" after upgrading to Storyline 360), use this link to send it to my team. We'll be happy to help with next steps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.