Articulate Storyline 360 keeps crashing.

Jun 22, 2018

I am working on a module that is currently only 2.95mb. I have 32GB of RAM on a 64bit operating system with Windows 10 Enterprise. I am currently deleting layers in my project and after about 4 slides it just crashes and gives me a message that there is not enough memory to continue the process. This is beyond frustrating. I could use some help! 

2 Replies
Stephen McBroom

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<Message>Parameter is not valid.</Message>
<StackTrace> at System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc()
at Articulate.Drawing.BufferedGraphics.Render(Graphics target, Rectangle targetLoc, Int32 srcX, Int32 srcY)
at Articulate.Windows.Forms.LayeredImage.PaintTo(PaintEventArgs e, DrawingTheme drawingTheme, PaintState paintState)
at Articulate.Design.Stage.a(PaintState A_0)
at Articulate.Design.Stage.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at Articulate.Windows.Forms.LayeredImage.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at Articulate.Design.Stage.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</StackTrace>
</ErrorReport>

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stephen,

I saw you also sent in a Support case to share a copy of the file with my colleague Jonathan. He tested opening it and was able to have the course behave correctly, and advised checking that your file is saved locally and adhering to the other guidelines here. 

If you're still running into trouble, let Jonathan or I know and we can continue working in your Support case on next steps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.