Articulate Storyline 360 - Other Audio's getting replaced!

Mar 26, 2018

Has anyone experienced issues in Storyline 360 when replacing a specific audio on the timeline that it has also automatically replaced a different audio on a completely separate screen as well using the same replaced audio as well and so now has incorrect audio in it !?

This is very frustrating as it requires us to QA hours of storyline content every time we publish even if only one audio was updated in the whole package.

6 Replies
Jarratt Holliday

Have to check on latest updated is been used or not Storyline 360.  What  fixes were done in the latest patch rollout ?

We are working with local files for both project and audio files.

It's happening only in this one storyline file at the moment that we know about. We did a 'Save As' before doing any updates and kept the original storyline file alone. We then moved this new saved storyline file into another directory to work out off to update/import the audio on a specific screen.

When it was published out and QA the screen played the correct audio just fine. We then gave it to our client who came back and said that an incorrect audio was playing on another screen!

When we investigated this and sure enough the new save as storyline file had an incorrect audio in this other screen all the sudden (the audio that was imported to total different screen). We then checked the original file before we did 'save as' and the correct audio is on that screen!!

Something has definitely go wrong there and we have no idea why.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Jarratt,

Thanks for the additional details and for sharing your troubleshooting.

If you click the hyperlink that I shared above, you can see the details of the latest update as well as the link to download the latest.

Let us know if that works better for you.

If you need to work directly with our support team, you can reach out directly here.

Clint Clarkson

Yes! And, the issue is persistent!

Almost every course I build this happens once or twice. I've always assumed it was just me making an error, but I'm currently adding CC to a course and the wrong audio file appears in ~25% of the audio files. This is nuts!

Is it reasonable for me to start billing Articulate for all the hours I lose when the application functions like this? We're paying over $1,300 CAD for an application that persistently glitches. That's MORE THAN DOUBLE what we pay for the entire Adobe CC Suite for numerous super-powerful, virtually glitch-free applications.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Clint, 

I searched through other discussions and I'm not finding a lot of similar scenarios, so it'd help to take a look at what you're seeing to troubleshoot further. It sounds like you're running into this behavior frequently enough to share some steps to recreate it with our Support Team?

Let me know if you're able to share a .story file and steps to recreate this oddity with the team and I'll follow along so that we can update this discussion! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.