Articulate Storyline 360 - PDF Viwer and Google Chrome

Nov 09, 2017

Hi All,

I'm having a few issues with the PDF viewer and Google Chrome, it appears that if you place a PDF wihtin 360, publush it, and place it on a web hosting service, it is quite distorted in the sense of the poistion of the PDF and the lightbox? It appears to work perfrectly in Firefox, IE, Edge etc. Is anyone having the same issue and if know, any solutions??

See image attached.

Thanks,

Conor. 

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Conor! We've seen a report of something similar, and another community member shared that changing the Player size (in Player Properties> Browser settings) to "Lock Player at Optimal Size" fixed the problem. 

I'm going to do some testing on this, but in the meantime, let me know if changing the player setting makes a difference for you. Thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again, Conor. 🙂

I tested this in a few different situations, and I saw the same thing you did. You can check out a video of my testing here.

It looks like the PDF is not centered in a lightbox in the HTML5 output, no matter what setting you use for the player size. The Flash output works normally.

I'm going to get this reported to my team so we can begin looking at next steps. Until we have a fix in place, you'll want to use the Flash output. Thanks again for bringing this up to us, and I'm really sorry it's causing headaches!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leah,

I'm sorry for the continued delay on this issue - it's been difficult to pinpoint the cause as in our testing and what we've heard from customers various Chrome updates have solved/reintroduced this along with different Windows versions. 

What Chrome version are you using currently? As the team digs into this further, I'd recommend using another browser like Firefox, Safari or Edge as all those have shown good results. 

We'll also keep you posted on this here! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone,

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where:

PDFs inserted as a Web Object and set as a Lightbox Slide are not centered when viewed in Google Chrome

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. 

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.