Articulate Storyline 360 with the latest update - tab focus issue

Sep 24, 2018

I have created an accessibility compliant WBT in Articulate Storyline 360. I have started developing the course with the Storyline update 3.10.13923.0. The Tab navigation worked perfectly fine. Lately I have updated Storyline license to the latest version and have noticed that the Tab focus goes to a blank destination after last asset of a screen. The focus returns back to the first element of the screen after the blank focus.

Sharing a simple Storyline file with two shapes for your reference. 

5 Replies
Chiranjib Bhowmick

Hi Ashley,

I am currently using Storyline 360 3.20.16814.0. JAWS 16 is the screen reader. If you check the file I have shared, there are empty tab focus after the last object in the screen. 

My primary issue is the tab focus. When the tab focuses in the empty space the screen reader reads it as a graphic asset.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chiranjib,

I saw what you were describing during Preview, but once published it only navigates to the items on the slide and within the browser window. I took a quick Peek of this, hopefully you can hear the JAWS reading through my speakers. 

If you're seeing something different in your published output - could you let me know: 

• What publish type/option you choose (Web, LMS, etc.)
  • Where you've tested it it (server, LMS, locally, Review)
  • What browser and version you're viewing it with (I was in the latest version of Chrome for Windows,  69.0.3497.100 )

Thanks, that info will help troubleshoot further! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.